Thursday, February 28, 2013

To be centered on Christ............

I have an insight that I'd love to share regarding Christ's indelibe role in the lessons in Chapter 3. The objective in this lesson is to learn the lessons from chapter 3 and see how doctrine taught by the spirit will meet the needs of the investigator.
 Without Christ, the doctrine would be hollow. It all stems from His Atonement and His core doctrine, the Doctrine of Christ. Christ is the true meeter of needs, so to say that doctrine taught by the spirit meets needs is to say that to teach true doctrine by the spirit is to teach Christ. I believe this is more than explicitly mentioning His name and Atonement in every other sentence. Rather, it's an attitude, a feeeling, a recognition. It's to have the conviction that regardless of what we teach, it is intended to draw us and others to Him. I love this. I love the the doctrine wholeheartedly because it is my access to my Savior!

1 comment:

  1. I love this CJ, and I wholeheartedly agree. This is exactly why Joseph Smith taught that everything in our religion is an "appendage" to the Atonement. Without the Atonement giving life to those doctrines and histories, they are hollow and meaningless an ineffective in bringing about salvation in others.

    ReplyDelete